Need source for thermal breaker

Started by Clyde9, November 11, 2008, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde9

Sent: 9/16/2007 10:26 PM

Where in Los Angeles,Ca. Can a person buy a thermal breaker for a 1972 Dodge Winnebago M30  with a 318 motor. I am stalled and this item seems non existent. Any one help me ?

Sent: 9/16/2007 11:28 PM

I have had a lot of luck with NAPA auto parts for my 69 D22. You may have already gone there, but if not, give them a try.

Sent: 9/17/2007 8:43 AM

I added this to the other post but I'll repeat here. I have one extra at the moment. Found 2 on ebay but had no luck anywhere else. Even Tiffin said they had them then shipped me regular 12V household panel fuses instead.... So if you are disparate for one I'll give you this extra I have. They don't tend to go bad... I cracked mine trying to unbolt it from its mounting...
Tina

Sent: 9/17/2007 12:30 PM

Remove the breaker, Install a regular fuse.

Alternatively, you can remove it completely (just tie the two terminals together on one side of the breaker) and it will do no harm, as the circuit is already protected in the fuse panel, but I'll leave that up to you. The current rating is marked on the crusty breaker, if you can read it, otherwise I think I remember it's a 30 amp.... (no guarantee)

Or:

Try RV surplus ( www.rvsurplussalvage.net)

Last but not least,

This same breaker is used for power windows in cars, although they don't have screw terminals... you can find those at any NAPA... just ask for a power window Circuit breaker for a 1991 Dodge D150... or almost any Mopar power window breaker.  but you will have to change the terminal ends (the new style are spade plugs, not terminal posts.

and, they still make these.... really....
Try a Lawnmower repair shop (no kidding). Just take the old one and see what they come up with (I don't know the part number, but its the same thing.
I can say for sure, that Toro/ Wheel Horse used them on the riding mowers (around 1994)....
I doubt you'd find one at Lowe's but heck, you could try!

Tom