Central Vac parts

Started by maryk2u, May 31, 2009, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryk2u

Sent: 2/17/2008

The Party-Wagon has a central vac system manufactured by Tevis Campbell Corp.
I don't believe they are in business any longer.  Does anyone have an idea of where I can get replacement parts to fit this vac?  The PO said "it didn't work, so they threw the tools away".  From the looks of the PartyWagon when we bought her, I'd say the PO has no idea what a vacuum is!  YUCK.  Any help in finding out what could possibly retrofit or if another company took over this one, etc....would be greatly appreciated.
MK

Oz

Sent: 2/17/2008

You may be able to retro fit any number of vac units.  It mostly depends on the duct sizing.  I did a web-search on "RV central vac" and found that Dirt Devil makes a unit and gives the general dimensions.

The Dirt Devil unit is listed at $322 including all attachments.  It uses a single, 35' hose and runs of 120v.

As long as the unit will fit the compartment, you should be able to install this and be able to get replacement parts and bags for a good, long time.

Link:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/recliners-chairs/rv-central-vacuum.htm

- Sob
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 2/18/2008

I was going to suggest the Dirt Devil myself.  We plan on getting one for Excalibur, and after a lot of research we found the Dirt Devil is the best one out there for the money, and they have been in business for a very long time.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

maryk2u

Sent: 2/19/2008

Thanks, I'll check it out !!
MK