fireplace in an rv?

Started by brians69d24, May 30, 2009, 11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brians1969

Sent: 8/26/2007

I was wondering if anybody has ever seen or installed a fireplace in their motorhome? I know you can get one for a boat....more of a coal stove than a fireplace....but I don't recall seeing one in an rv. Well, other than than than a wood stove in an old school bus conversion.

brian

OldEdBrady

Sent: 8/27/2007

I knew it!  I KNEW it! I KNEW IT!!

I offhandedly said to a neighbor, "The only thing I haven't put in the Calypso yet is a fireplace."
SWMBO overheard it.

NOW I have to play the "old man" game of "forgetting" when she tells me that's what she wants.

And now this! 

tiinytina

we saw several in RV's of the 35-40' class in the corner of slide outs. propane fired.  waste of space if you ask me, and lets not go into the hazards... oiy.
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Lefty

LJ-TJ sent me some copies of an old Winnebago ad for a D27MI (Incomplete Chassis)) that showed several different potential layouts that were possible. Such as a Shoe Store, A Bookmobile, A Traveling Office, And one that showed a extra luxurious living room setup that had a fireplace in one corner, and an entertainment center in the other. I have it on a disk somewhere, or maybe LJ-TJ still has it handy.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

fourborgs

Sent: 12/23/2007

We have a fireplace in out 39 ft 5th wheel, it is one of the new style electric fire places offered at Lowes and Home depot.  I (john) thought the ideal of an electric fireplace was not all that great. Everyone who sees it loves it.  Total install time in a space that less than 2 cubic ft was about ten minutes to open the box install the remote and plug it in to standard 110 current.  Oh it only draws 1500 watts so it wont strain a generator. so no more excusess for no fireplace

OldEdBrady

Sent: 12/23/2007

I bought one of those things from Home Depot.  SWMBO is so happy with a non-fire fireplace, guess what the Calypso is getting for Christmas?