Miro-Flex clearance light lenses

Started by pinballlarry1, November 11, 2008, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinballlarry1

Sent: 10/12/2007 10:39 PM

Repair work continues on the 77 Itasca. My original clearance lights are Miro-Flex 348, 7 red in back, 7 amber in front. I know they are original due to the substantial deterioration and how the upper painted accent strip was sprayed on right over the lamp base with just a small area masked off to protect the bulb. I found that PPL RV Parts Superstore in Houston Texas sell replacement lenses for less than $2 each. These new lenses are also reflectors which meet the newer Federal regulations and can be seen better at night. I purchased several reds and ambers to replace my most severely damaged lenses and with some cleaning and new #57 or #1861 bulbs, all clearance lamps are now working. If I had the time, money, and initiative, I would have changed them all to newer LED styles that are brighter and completely sealed.

For less than $2, I think they are a good value.

One last thing, if you replace the entire lamp assembly, be careful about getting the 12 volt + and ground wires correct.  If you make an error, the 20 amp clearance light fuse in the upper left position of the under dash fuse block will instantly melt. Anyone care to guess how I learned that??
LarryL in San Diego

Sent: 10/12/2007 10:42 PM

I really need to do something about that front bumper, looks like crap when viewed head on.

Sent: 10/13/2007 9:56 AM

Do they make new round ones like I have on my 73 Brave? I have one on the back that the lens won't stay on. I need the whole assembly, plus all of them are all faded out.

Sent: 10/13/2007 11:07 PM

I have never seen anyone selling new replacements for the older round style lights.

Sent: 10/14/2007 12:32 PM

I was able to get some of the round replacement lenses from the local NAPA store.  They were a 2 3/8 Grote?  Wasn't a big problem once they found the right catalog.