New 30" Leveling Jacks Installed!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, May 18, 2009, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 10/22/2008

We found 30" scissor style leveling jacks on Ebay for less than 100 bucks delivered, for a whole set of 4, so I installed them today.

The front ones bolted right up to the existing main bumper bolts that attach the bumper to the main frame.

The rear ones I had to drill into the bumper to install, but it went quick.

They work great!  We were almost level to begin with, but a few turns here and there, and we are now dead level...and the rig doesn't bounce up and down anymore when we or the dogs walk through it!

Good investment!

Kev et al
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

tiinytina

Sent: 10/25/2008

For the Jacks Pat made us the coolest tool... He cut the shaft off of one of the cranks, right where the handle bends (had bought 2 sets of jacks at Sands RV). He then ground the end of the straight shaft where he cut it  into a square. This then fits in the tip of our 18V cordless drill... Can get jacks up and down in a few seconds each... way faster than cranking her up by hand!

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 10/30/2008

I'm going to have to fabricate some brackets and relocate these things before we leave here:  My brilliant self just realized that the way I have the front ones mounted...with the bolts facing the front because that is the way the brackets bolted right to the frame with no drilling...even with the jacks in their highest closed position, the threaded rod will hit my front wheels when I turn them...:::smacks self in head:::

No biggie...I'll just make a bracket and weld them on in a better location.  I'll end up relocating the back too, since right now they are on the bumper, which is NOT the best place to support a lot of weight...I'll probably weld in a cross-member to the frame, with attached brackets, just to the rear of the exhaust.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.