Best Wiper Blades?

Started by MSN Member, May 14, 2009, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRJC

Sent: 3/21/2004

NEED NEW WIPER BLADES! 1988 WINN/CHIEF. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
THANKS DRJC

Oz

Sent: 3/21/2004

I pulled this from the Resources section:

http://tricoproducts.com/Trade/WiperProducts/MoreProducts/RV

The main site shows the series numbers and applications to reference from suppliers. They still manufacture blades and refills for classic RVs.  Should be worth checking out. - Sob

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DRJC

Sent: 3/23/2004

Good information. Thanks!!! drjc

Sea Hag

Sent: 3/24/2004

If you take the blade assembly to a good auto store you should be able to match them up with no problem - Sea Hag

DaveVA78Chieftain

My 78 Chieftain came with truck/bus type wiper arms and blade assemblies.  They are reflected in the TRICO catalog however, normal auto supplies did not carry them in stock.   Not wanting to be stuck some place and not be able to get new blades, I converted mine to a type that is normally carried at auto supplies or even Walmart.  I used the type where the blade attaches to the arm with small screws.  I simply drilled and tapped the arms so that I could attach the new blade which uses normal refills.

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Mine are the same way.  In fact, I took the originals from the Donor Bago and noticed that the screw goes through this nickel-sized disk thing.  You can turn it to angle the wiper blades parallel with the horizontal line of the windshield bottom.  If you unscrew it and turn the whole thing 180 degrees, there is a small extension that will fit right into the types of wipers.  16" length.

I also noticed that NAPA has OEM blade assemblies.  They're in the commercial truck section.  $7 or $8 each, if I remember correctly.

Also, I found that you can remove the small screw in the wiper blade attaching...  thing.... on the stock arm and off-the shelf, regular car wiper blades (with the bracket) will fit right in there.  Just put them in and put the screw back through.

- Sob
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca