RVs built on John Deere Chassis?

Started by Jkountz, May 05, 2009, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd

Alabama guy here I have a 1987 winnabego chalet I've been looking for a 650 holly 4180c carburetor for some time now my RVs has a ford 460 on a johnd deer chaise the carburetor on there now is not original and does not run well any sujustions we're I can find one

Oz

Lots of sources.  Summit Racing for one, Guaranteed Carburetors is another. They are experts in vintage carbs.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

TattooNTim

Hey guys. I'm having a hello of a time trying to figure out how everything works on the RV. I just bought. It says Granville on the back of rv and on a metal tag in Cab there it says John Deere Waterloo Works, 1989, model MC14FG. Any idea where I can get a manual? I'm not sure how everything works. Having trouble with the onboard generator too. Can't get it to start. Manual would really help out!

Elandan2

Welcome to the site. You are the proud owner of an "orphan" rig. But don't despair. The equipment such as the generator, appliances, etc. are the same in virtually all these rigs. You will find all sorts of manuals in the members area of this site and with a little searching, someone has probably dealt with the problems you are dealing with.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

DaveVA78Chieftain

You can still download the MC-14, MC-16, & MC-18 Chassis Operators manual from the John Deer website.  Provides a lot of useful information.
Only Service manuals I located are on EBAY at outrageous prices ($300 plus).
Not sure how helpful the John Deere/Oshkosh Chassis manual in our site store will help you. Covers gas and diesel chassis' for RV, ON/VOY, and TOP/RUN chassis models in the same weight range (14, 16, 18)
[move][/move]