Bed sizes in a D19

Started by MSN Member, April 23, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Sent: 5/13/2008

i am looking at a d19 and it has the usual fold down dinette, convertible couch and the front overhead bunk . It is the wife and I and two smaller kids 6-8. Can two adults under 6 foot tall sleep on either the couch or the dinette?

Slantsixness

Sent: 5/13/2008

Couch, yes.. dinette... no

The dinette is effectively a Twin size bed. The couch is slightly larger when pulled out and setup (if it's the original couch, that is...) Not quite a double, but bigger than a twin....

Either way... you gotta love being close to your other half... none of these are huge! I cut 4" effectively off the back cabinets in my D20 to accommodate a full (double) bed mattress... and I'm not that small (neither is my wife) but it's comfy enough, that's for sure!

Newer couches (brand new fold down ones...) will fit, but you'll have to relocate the Water tank and converter.... (not too hard to do)

Overhead bunk is good for one person up to 250 pounds (not that a 250 pound person is going to climbe up there and be comfy... but that's what the rating is.)
Mostly suitable for 2 or even 3 small Kids or 1 adult.
Remembering My 72 D20RG Brave "Smurfbago" The old girl never let me down, and she's still on the road today. quick! get out the Camera... I spotted another junkyard full of Winnies...

tbirdkeys

Sent: 9/21/2008 3:01 PM

I have a D21 and my 310lb friend recently slept very comfortably in the overhead pull down bed.  He told me he was very comfortable.