Bathroom skylight/escape hatch?

Started by MSN Member, April 23, 2009, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Sent: 6/30/2008

I just bought a 73 Indian . The bathroom has a very large roof vent that the P.O. called the skylight and it has a way to use it as an escape hatch. Is this an after-market unit or was it available? He cobbled up the attachment bar for the raising and lowering crank and it needs to be replaced

Any help?

Mike

jstuart333

Sent: 6/30/2008 6:47 PM

This is a link to a series of escape hatches. http://www.rvpartscenter.com/ProdSelect.asp?SID=9&DID=54&CID=260

It was from just a quick Internet search.

I replaced the one in the bathroom in my '76 Chieftain. It was simpler and cheaper to replace the unit than to chase parts.

Oz

They are escape hatches.  I had one in both my Indians.  jsuart may be right... But, the bar can also be formed, maybe even repaired, in your case, if it's not in too bad a shape.

The covers are available, but very expensive for that size.  Last I checked, back in 2006, one cost $99!  I got some fiberglass repair putty and mesh and repaired it myself... it held up just fine for years.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

newrvguy

I have a 1987 Pace Arrow P30 chassis 27 foot class A.  I have a roof vent or skylight that has a missing cover the frame is still in great shape the size is 20 1/2 inches square anyone know where I can find a replacement cover to go over the top and fix the open hole I have? 

Oz

That's an odd size.  Most are 14"x14".  I can't find a thing at all like 20"x20" or even close.  Perhaps you can contact a dealer that sells Pace Arrow and get the information on it (part number) and possibly get one from them.   i??

Or, you can go bigger.  The next size I can find is 26"x26" and that is going to cost about a hundred bucks!

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca