Need Dometic fridge door gasket

Started by MSN Member, March 30, 2009, 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chip

Sent: 3/28/2004

I'm thinking of replacing the door gasket on my old dometic RM60. I'm quite sure a direct replacement is not available so, I'm figuring on ordering something like the gasket for a more modern 2510 and attempting to cut it down to make it fit. has anybody done something like this? if not, someone must has put in a new door gasket on a modern fridge. how well do the new gaskets install and , how do they perform compared to the original?

77surveyor

Sent: 4/5/2004

camping world found  them for me upper and lower gasket set was either 76 or 93 dollars i dont recall for shure  Richard

chip

Sent: 4/13/2004

I FOUND IT!
i called dometic and they were very nice but, hadn't shown a RM60 door gasket in stock for many years. they did direct me to a couple of large distributors of dometic but, no luck.
in my records i had put in a number for All Seasons RV Appliance so i gave it a try. no problem-in stock- $60+s &h. he also had a used drip tray for the fridge which I've been searching for.
they claim to stock hardware for many obsolete and orphan rv appliances. the phone # is 800-348-7697. the website is
http://www.allseasonsrvappliance.com/4436/index.html