Shiloh aka xacex, role call .........

Started by xacex, April 07, 2009, 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xacex

Ola,

Im an owner of a 76 winne Sportsmans den 26' class c Chevy 350 c.i. 66000 miles.  Preparing to replace the roof which started to leak last year.

Oz

Best wishes for a quick and 100% leakproof roof repair!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

The_Handier_Man1

Quote from: xacex on April 07, 2009, 05:00 PM

Im an owner of a 76 winne Sportsmans den 26' class c Chevy 350 c.i. 66000 miles.  Preparing to replace the roof which started to leak last year.

Well since we don't live to far apart, I live in Keizer, and I found out a thing or two about roofs, we should meet up and talk roofs.  Let me know if you would like to do that.  Of course I would be derelict in my duties of a JAM organizer if I did not mention that we have the Spring JAM in Hood River next weekend where we can talk about roofs until.....................well you get the picture,   Les

xacex

I appreciate your offer Les,I may just need to take you up on that. As of now, i have removed the carpet, vents,roof attachments,and started the ordering of supplies.
I have one fan in good shape, the refer. vents going to be new,as well as sewer vent "cyclone",no antenna will be put on the roof so I will need to live without the glow of a cathode ray tube.Vent covers are an option I will be adding so the vents can be left open.Dicor EPDM looks expensive, but I think that is the route I will go down so maintenance will be reduced.
There was a fellow on the old website that did a roof on a class c with sub floor plywood,I don't plan on doing my roof in that manner,but could someone link me to his web page so I could look through his photos?
The roof Les did on his coach looks like the way to go,I just don't know about that snow roof stuff.How long do you have between re coating out here in the northwest?   

ibdilbert01

I copied Les as well with the curved roof.   I used 1/4 inch plywood.  Also set my trusses at 16 inch centers.    I can walk all around my roof with very little Give.  Doing a roof Les Style is the only way to go!

Originally I used black EPDM for my roof, as it was free.    You'd be surprised how much heat transfers to the inside of the RV with a black roof, despite insulation in the roof.   About half the summer later I replaced the black EDPM with 45 Mil thick Professional Grade TPO, scored from ebay for less than a few hundo.    Best thing I ever did to my RV.  No leaks, and the white helps it stay cool.

I did mine over the course of a few weekends.   The first weekend I ripped the roof off.  The second weekend I built and put the new roof on.   I think you could do it in a weekend at a hustle. 
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!