Where to get external compartment doors?

Started by bigjeffstone, February 10, 2009, 12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjeffstone

Sent: 11/9/2007

I've got a 1973 Chieftain...and wondering if anyone has any idea where I can get a hold of two external compartment doors. They've got the "W" on them, they're plastic and they go on the lower exterior of the RV. Been looking for two years, but have had no luck.

Thanks!

Lefty

Sent: 11/9/2007

You can try looking at one of the "Magic Junkyards" that have been reported here before. Use the "Message Search" button to find more info.
I can tell you that in the one I scoped out, I didn't see any that had plastic molded doors. All of the ones I saw just had the regular flat doors.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

bigjeffstone

Sent: 11/12/2007

That's all I've been able to locate also. The magic junkyards post didn't have any links or anything I could use at this point...

salplmb

Sent: 11/16/2007

hi guys,
i have seen these new on e bay. they were made of fiberglass and were a better replacement (stronger). they wanted $75.00 for one! still got my broke one. also try e bay for people parting out their unit. you can get parts from a lot of different year models to fit.
sal

MSN Member

Sent: 12/27/2007

I tried to find one on ebay , bought one ,didn't quite fit correctly.

I went to ACE and bought some thin stock , a hinge , painted it white and am using bungee cords to keep it secure ...

OldEdBrady

Sent: 12/27/2007

I probably could have gone the rest of my life without ever hearing about bungee cords again.

bigjeffstone

Sent: 1/6/2008

Are we talking the ones with the W on them are found on ebay? I figure I'd only be able to get those from people parting them out...like you said.
Thanks guys

MSN Member

Sent: 1/7/2008

If you could post a pic of what it looks like and some measurements I can look next time I go to our u-pull it junk yard.  I am going back this weekend to get some dash vents I saw yesterday.  This place is pretty cheap. Unless they are very big I don't think shipping would be too bad.

intofire1

I am looking for the trim ( bottom of exterior wall) that starts at the battery box and goes all the way to the front wheel well. It's approx. 53"" long. Next time you are there get me their email and I will send photo's. Not to many salvage yard with old RV's.
Thanks for the help, Gil