In May, 2000...

Started by Oz, February 08, 2009, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

... the MSN group, "Classic Winnebago Motorhomes" was created.  It began with a small group of individuals who were fanatically dedicated to their classic RVs and the people who owned them.  Slowly, the group grew into one of the largest, most dynamic MSN groups, consistently ranking between #1 to #3 of all MSN groups in the Automotive/Classic category, with most weeks coming in with the blue ribbon.

Over the span of 8 years, the community saw many owners join, more than happily surprised to find the treasures  within our cyber space.  They quickly learned that they had become a member of a family of unique individuals with all the vitality, wisdom and wit anyone could hope for.  They shared information freely, they supported each other diligently, and they weathered numerous storms together.  They also overcame challenges to the groups integrity and welfare.  The group expanded its methods of increasing its benefits and enjoyment to the members and this has complimented our success greatly.

Generations of classic Winnebago and other RV owners have passed through our forums.  A number of devout members have been there to welcome and support them along their journeys.  This same group of "elders" form the core around which all others find their motivation to take on the challenges of RV restoration and enjoy the many other benefits of our community.

It has been my distinct privilege to have been able to watch the dynamics of this family change and grow and to have been a part of many undertakings of our members to assist other members in need and in the creation of other features an activities which are unique to our group.

As limited and frustrating as the MSN group programming was, I was indescribably saddened when I was informed that our outstanding community of 8 years would shortly be transitioned to a site format which was neither adequate nor suitable to our needs.  This left us facing the prospect of being without a web home as our former MSN group was scheduled for elimination on or about February 9, 2009.

I could not bear the thought of seeing the names, faces, photos and memories shared over these years be gone in a blink of an eye and I could not permit myself to allow MSN to be the ones to fall the axe.  Therefore...

On February 8, 2009 at 7:00 pm EST, with somber spirit, I clicked on the "delete my group" button.  The renowned MSN group, "Classic Winnebagos!" ceased to exist.

But the twinkle instantly returned to my eye and I smiled widely as I positioned my mouse to click on www.ClassicWinnebagos.com, our new, unfettered community of the future!  Ours to own, ours to decide what we want to do with.

My sincerest thanks to all of you, new and seasoned members, who have made our group as endearing as the classic RVs we love.  It has been, and always is, my pleasure to serve you as best I can.

Mark
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

OldEdBrady

GEEZ!! The way the message started, it sounded as if we were losing Mark!

But, I diligently read on.  And glad I did.

There are some "quirks" I still have to work on on this new site, but Classic Winnies rolls on!

Thank you, Mark, and everyone who helped you.  Even thoguh I may no longer have a Winnie, there's NO way I'd ever leave this group voluntarily.

Cooneytoones

I humbully say.....HERE!HERE!!!!

Without Mark and the transition team and our members both new and old (and I don't mean old like ED)  We... all of us, would be scrambling to figure out what to do, how to do.... and I'd be back to bear skins, stone knifes, duct tape trying to fix my rig.

Again... a big thank you from me ... we are now at CW's home Sweet classic home.

Thanks Guys
and GALS

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep....gotta agree with Timmy!  I look at some of my first posts and cringe...lol!  Was I that unknowlegable?  YEP!  And its because of you guys that I shed the fur loincloth and built a pyramid...Sorry Mark...no pics of the loincloth...lmfao!

Seriously, thanks again to Mark and the whole team who made this possible.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

wglass

So glad the new site is up and going.  Thanks to all who have worked so hard to keep this going.  I've been away for a bit thanks to the high gas prices we had last year.  However, now that prices are back to a "reasonable" level, we took our first trip in the Winnie of 2009 last weekend and I've got the bug again.  Nothing like relaxing and watching the world go by.  North Toledo Bend State Park outside of Zwolle, Louisiana is a great place to RV.  Come down and pass a good time. 

Phåråoh

Great to see you found us, Wendell!  Toledo Bend... fished there hundreds of times.  Huge Striped Bass and Monster Catfish.  I miss it something fierce.  Have a great camping season!