Side hatches (small plastic)

Started by JCMAC, November 10, 2008, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCMAC

Sent: 4/20/2008 11:42 AM

Does anyone have info on replacing the two small ( 8-1/4"w  x 7-1/4"h doors) plastic side "W" hatches on the driver's side for a '72?
I could live w/o the "W" :)
John

Sent: 4/20/2008 10:50 PM

I found replacement "hatches" at a local RV parts store (not with the "W").  I needed two.  One was marked like $9.95, the other (identical) was $29.95!  I asked about the prices and was told the higher one was correct.  Thank goodness for PA law of  "lowest price marked".  I considered myself lucky and ran with the $10.00 one.

I found another... actually quite a few in the Magic Junkyard (but not the kind with the "W" on it).  Those originals are quite brittle and, if not too badly damaged, can be fixed and reinforced with a fiberglass/mesh kit from wally world.

~ Phåråoh ~

JDxeper

I am looking for small side hatches for my 78 Brave, they are 6" x 10".  found some at Mobility Rv, and Lichtsinn and Colaw's the problem they cost was $25-35 each without hardware(another $7.00).  any ideas on construction?  The doors are for the electric and the 2 fuel tank fill door.  >:(

JD
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Cooneytoones

JD,

I can't remember the members name, but he had pictures of a Classic Winnebago he customized several years ago on the old site.  He used diamond plate, ( If someone remembers help me out I would like to look at the pictures of it again) All the cargo door hatches being diamond plate looked absolutely great. Gave it a..... really expensive look.......Just a thought...a sheet of that stuff is not very expensive the last time I priced it...I would just take some time cutting to size, and adding hinges and holes for the hardware.

JDxeper

I was thinking along those line of the AL diamond plate also, you can get it a Lowe's.  Also been looking at all the boat hatches.  They are a little larger.  I'll just have to spend some more time on them. More time than money. LOL :laugh:
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)