1984 Chieftain 23RG Brake Booster Switch

Started by johnfrederick, March 21, 2024, 01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnfrederick

Greetings everyone ! Working under my dash I just discovered the vacumn line was disconnected from the brake booster vacumn switch. I had noticed having to push awfully hard on the brakes. I have reconnected.

My question is the vacumn switch also has to prongs on it to receive some sort of electrical connector. I couldn't find a connector or any loose wires that that might plug in the switch.

Any thoughts on what the electrical side of this switch might be for ?

Thanks, John

RockwoodMike

Optional cruise control brake switch..Disconnects the cruise when brakes are applied..?
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

johnfrederick

Thanks Mike I will check that out. I actually am just checkingout the cruise to see if it works.

We'll see, thanks, again

johnfrederick

Mike, on review of the wiring diagram I see that that is in fact a switch for the cruise control system. The switch is connected to the cruise on/off in the control module.

Thanks !!

RockwoodMike

Alright!! I would like to install a cruise control on my D22..It never had it..maybe some sort of after market set up..
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!