New memeber, are we getting hurt on this one?

Started by Merlin, November 14, 2023, 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Hi ya'll I was a memeber in the past, back around 2005 when I had a 75 d-22 I think it was. anyway today I went to look at a 1990 coachman catalina at a salvage yard, sadly it was trashed inside. anyway I start walking around the Salvage yard and what do i find but this baby needing some love.  it a 1984 Itasca sunflyer 22RC with the Chevy 454 in it. it was driven into the place a year ago from the N.C. coast to the Greensboro area. it has a clear title and the guy said he would let me have it for $4,000.
the P.O. had started redoing the ceiling panels and some side panels and gave up when the sold it. tires look pretty good on it, looks like it has a new muffler. I pushed on the ceiling and it seems pretty solid.  we are probably going to pick it up tomorrow, i think they said it has about 76,000 miles on it.
so what do ya'll think? we are hopeing to fix it up to drive to Florida with some, and if it does well maybe travel out west someday?  does it look worth 4 grand to ya'll? well I was going to add photos, but it said file size to big. so will have to edit them down.