Converter failing

Started by dmca20031, July 17, 2023, 09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmca20031

I have a 1979 chieftain  and the converter is dying fast.  I know  there are a lot out there but how do I know which one will work? And how do I replace it? Thanks

MinnieMe

I asked Dave the groups go to for help via message and also posted issues I was having a year ago. Dave replied 2 months later. Not one person offered me any suggestions from my post. I bought several wrong inverters and ended up returning them all. I read blogs and as much info as I could find on converters and inverter attempting to learn all about them. I still don't have what I needed. I gave up and have been using extension cords since last December. Not sure why not one person offered me suggestions on the issues I was experiencing with the engine or my electrical system, so I rstopped coming to the site. I spent over 3k with a mechanic who finally figured out my engine issue was the distributor. Electrical issues still remain..
good luck. Hopefully you get the help you need. Like you said there are a lot of different power converters available, x
Meshel

RANGERRICK

What make converter do you have now.Do you have any pics.

BigAlsVehicleEmporium

Quote from: MinnieMe on September 03, 2023, 03:07 AMNot sure why not one person offered me suggestions on the issues I was experiencing with the engine or my electrical system, so I stopped coming to the site.

Hi MinnieMe, I looked on your profile but couldn't find the post you started about your electrical issues. If you point me to it, or start a new one, I'll see if I can give you a hand.
1972 Winnebago Brave D20 - 413 V8, A727, Dana 70
"That leaves only me to blame, 'cause mama tried!"