A great part source (at least this time)

Started by MSN Member, November 10, 2008, 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSN Member

Sent: 7/21/2008

I was searching for a replacement radiator from my ?80 Minnie Winnie. It was a heavy duty, 4 core unit with a engine oil cooler and tranny cooler. My local radiator shop wanted $329, auto parts stores wanted $250 and I found several online for around $225 with shipping. When I looked on www.autopartswarehouse.com , they had several different ones from $198 to $300 and had free shipping for orders over $75. I wasn?t sure about the ?Silla? brand for $198 so I called for info. They didn?t have any more info than the site showed, which was all aluminum with both coolers for my application. No idea about rows or cores. They have a 22 day return policy, and the lady on the phone gave me $10 off, so I ordered on Sunday, and when I got home Tuesday it was on my porch! That was quick for ground shipping! I opened the box expecting a 1 row cheapo radiator but I was surprised! It only had two rows, but they are 1.5? each! The radiator had all the correct fittings, all aluminum, welded and looked better than the $500 custom aluminum radiator I had built for my race car! The customer service is a joke, but I wanted to let everyone know about the deal I got, and the quality of the Silla radiator.