Started by axleswap, June 21, 2023, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axleswap

New guy lurking on the Dodge forum.  I am in the process of obtaining a late '70s Dodge MH chassis to use for an axle swap for my '56 Ford F500 truck.  I need to decode the VIN but found that the forum decoder goes only thru 1977 and I believe that the chassis is a 1979.  Also I will be looking for parts suppliers for brakes, bearings, seals, steering components, and brake vacuum boosters, etc.  Hoping to find help as I know nothing about Dodges other than they have a 34" frame width which is the same as the Ford.

Personal info about myself:  old guy from northern Idaho that has been an classic car enthusiast for over 50 years and got interested in vintage trailers about 15 years ago.  In addition to my F500 I have a 1954 Mercury, a 1959 14" Sterling Corvette trailer and a 1964 26' Boles Aero trailer.  I've been RVing for over twenty years and have owned two Class A motorhomes and two fifth wheels.  The Boles Aero is currently under a major frame-up restoration.

Oz

Hello and welcome! You sure got a love for old vehicles. Yep, back when cars had real personalities!

I'm not sure if there is a decoder for Dodge motorhome chassis after the years we have. If there is one, I'd sure like to find it.

At that point, manufacturers pretty much dropped Dodge and went to Chevy and other brands.

But, there's a lot of really knowledgeable people here to help you.
Questions?
Just fire away. And, use the message search too. There's LOTS of info already here.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

axleswap

Thanx for the response, Oz.  The VIN for this chassis is:  M50DA9T510951.  The sixth character is a 9 which probably indicates that the chassis is a 1979.  I have a chassis manual ordered and hopefully it may shed some light.

I have visited Dave's Place on line and once I determine the actual year hopefully i will be able to get some replacement parts ordered to start the rebuileing process.