How Did You Install A Trans Cooler On Your 1975 440 727

Started by LJ-TJ, June 03, 2023, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAlsVehicleEmporium

LJ-TJ, that is a thing of beauty. I love gauges and knowing how everything is doing at all times. You've got me thinking how to design a cool looking gauge pod for my '72 dash...
1972 Winnebago Brave D20 - 413 V8, A727, Dana 70
"That leaves only me to blame, 'cause mama tried!"

LJ-TJ

Thanks. The rescearh that I did was Stewart Warner were the best guages you could buy. The price went with them.Next best was Autometer. To buy them out of the store is real expencive. I found you could get the guages in a lot of cases second hand but had never been open for a third to half the price.If you do a similar set up to mine I'd be surprised if you don't love it.You can easyly scan the gauges with out having to look down and be distracted while driving and with in seconds spot a problem.

LJ-TJ

Time to check back in. Just did a 7 hour trip. Two one and a half hours idles at the border and the numbers were ban on. Both times the temps started to climb and when I hit the fan the started to drop back to normal. Made for a fantastic trip. Thanks gang for all your input. Worked out FANTASTIC. Now I have to go to another section for some more help. :)clap   :)ThmbUp