Eyebrow Coach Doghouse Latches - Pictures?

Started by BigAlsVehicleEmporium, April 18, 2023, 09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAlsVehicleEmporium

Hello,

When I got my '72 Brave, the doghouse was only held on with one latch assembly. The doghouse itself has three latches attached, but the previous owner lost the mating floor mounted pieces when he redid the carpet. For the two short trips we've taken it on, we've piled luggage on it and braced the rear with an extendable pole, but we are about to take it on a 12 hour trip over the course of two days starting Thursday and I was hoping for a better solution.

I've got one of these on the front lower right & left corners:

PXL_20230418_123426686.jpg

I've got this old window latch looking thing in the rear:

PXL_20230418_123318624.jpg

When I got it, this was halfway screwed to the floor on the front drivers side and you could sort of latch the front drivers latch onto it:

PXL_20230418_123441914.jpg

When that pulled out of the floor, I built a second one and bought a new catch for the rear window latch looking thing. I think I've got all the pieces now, but I don't know if any of it is actually original or really what the rear latch is supposed to latch to. Before I take a guess at installing it, I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of what the original style latches looked like?

Thanks!
1972 Winnebago Brave D20 - 413 V8, A727, Dana 70
"That leaves only me to blame, 'cause mama tried!"

BigAlsVehicleEmporium

I managed to find this picture in an ad for a different Winnebago which kind of shows how the rear latch is supposed to work, but no pictures of the front ones yet. Does anyone out there have a picture of theirs?

Screenshot_20230425-102638.jpg
1972 Winnebago Brave D20 - 413 V8, A727, Dana 70
"That leaves only me to blame, 'cause mama tried!"

Bonebag

That's all I have is those three...my doghouse rides on the outside of that steel/aluminum "seal" but what you have seems to be original.
72 Brave..resto mod - Disk Conversion - Diesel Heater - Air Bags modified to fit - 318 Holley Sniper

LJ-TJ

Yep! Those are the original pieces. One thing I found is I have to put the back of the dog house inside the alumnum strip first and then push the front down into position so all sides fit inside the  alumum ring  to get a tight fit.