1976 Winnebago Brave D21 Locking Gas cap

Started by RoamingRobert, March 22, 2023, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoamingRobert

Does anyone have a link to where I can get locking gas caps for a 1976 Brave?  I had BOTH my tanks drained where I have it stored.  (ugh) ....  I ordered some on Amazon and they are a bit too small for the diameter of the hole in this rig. 

Thanks

Bob Latterman

Oz

The Gates locking cap is 31692.
Should be able to get at NAPA. Maybe the other big parts retailers 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

RoamingRobert

WOW.... just saw this and ordered one to test out in the rear tank....I had BOTH my from and rear tanks siphoned out last month..... ugh :)clap

LJ-TJ

Great idea, BUT in the pass when gas prices were high and folks couldn't get to the gas through the filler neck. They would climb under neath and drill,yes drill holes in the gas tanks. Just saying.

Eyez Open

Quote from: LJ-TJ on May 04, 2023, 10:58 PMGreat idea, BUT in the pass when gas prices were high and folks couldn't get to the gas through the filler neck. They would climb under neath and drill,yes drill holes in the gas tanks. Just saying.

Quite correct. Does it ever make you wonder about politics? Man I really would like to go on a rant..but I shall not.

Walking softly and carrying  a big stick has brought on a whole new meaning.

RockwoodMike

There is a channel on YT called Mechanical Nightmare..Auto mechanics send in videos showing the condition of customers cars..

One video showed an attempted catalytic stealing..the saw had cut through the exhaust pipe but at the same time it was slicing the plastic gas tank..leaving gas dripping everywhere..

trying to steal a converter and almost burned the car..
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!