Fresh Water Tank Guage always reads empty

Started by Jupp318, March 11, 2023, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jupp318

I am trying to get the Fresh Water Tank Guage to work. When I try to see how much water there is in the tank the guage always shows the tank as empty. Is there a way to fix the guage?. 1985 Cheiftain 27. Thanks...

Oz

Have you tried the search on this, Ian? I think there's been issues with this before but, any current feedback is welcome!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Jupp318

Hi OZ,

I certainly tried searching without success. I must admit I'am sure a long time ago I saw some posts about this.
I like the look of the new site BTW I think you've knocked it out of the park!.

Elandan2

Of course, all the bulbs are good? Does the panel indicate the levels of other tanks? I am thinking you may have to check the connections at the tank itself. You can try jumping across the contacts at the tank and see if you get a reading.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Jupp318

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to do a bit more checking. I think the lights in mine are LED's.
Cheers Ian...

Mlw

There probably are probes in your watertank,

You can measure them with a multimeter when the tank is empty and when the tank is full, If you can get in the tank you can also connect the probes with a wire.

Of course you should get a different reading empty (full resistance) / full (low resistance)  and you should get a reading on your Multimeter

If that's ok you can measure your wiring. There shouldn't be any resistance there. If there is you should replace the wire.

And then last the controlboard. You can measure the bulbs/leds as well with a multimeter.

Oz

I searched too, Ian. The topic I found also addressed mainly the probes as being the issue. Corroded or gunked up.

Do you have a Coleman unit as shown above too or a WEMAC?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca