Coleman Mach shroud removal

Started by Adventure, August 23, 2022, 10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventure

I think it's called the shroud the cover with the vent. It seems the screws ore torqued. 2 of them are stripping any suggestions on I can get all the screws out so I can get the cover off?

LJ-TJ

Hm? Get a dermal tool and carefully cut new slots for the screw driver or very carefully grind the top off.

Mlw

Have you allready tried grabbing the screws with pliers, pull upwards and turn? sometimes it will work. If not LJ-TJ's advice is what follows.

Adventure

Adventure

I haven't tried that, seems to me that needle nose would be the kind to use in this situation. So they aren't torqued on?

Mlw

With me they weren't. Also really no use for that. They are only there to hold the shroud on place and not to seal anything. Handtight is enough, or get troubles like you have.

I use vice grip pliers by these kind of stubborn screws and Spraying the screw with pb Bllaster a day ahead can do wonders.

When you do use vice grips, don't worry about messing up the heads . When screws are that stubborn to remove you are better off throwing them out anyway.

Extra tip: When the screws are off,  handle the shroud with care because it can be brittle. New ones will set you back S250,=. No way i'm going to pay that kind of money for a plastic cover.