Spark plug wires

Started by Jallen, August 26, 2022, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jallen

Thank you all for your help now need to know part number  for spark plug wires for 78 brave 440

Oz

I got mine through Summit Racing. Didn't need a part number. Just the engine type.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

mytoolman

I used TAYLOR part#70055 spark plug wires. They are made very well. I choose these from having looked at many brands. They were much better quality than most others and just a little nicer than MSD had to offer. These Taylor are a cut to fit set. I custom made them to fit my 440-3 engine.

I also found that The eight spark plug pack, NGK part#2623, were the best made spark plug. They are importantly just slightly(2mm shorter) than the AutoLite 25 that I first looked at. The poor reviews about thread failures on Autolites prompted me to go compare many brands. These NGK(individual spark plug part#BPR6FS) are noticeably made better than anything else I found. My $1 cylinder also has the need for the shortest spark plug I could find and these NGK fit that bill better than Autolite also....I forgot exactly why there is a need for a shorter plug, If I remember correctly there is a bracket for the throttle cable in the vicinity of cylinder one. Having a beefy ignition wire boot and a longer spark plug caused the spark plug wire boot end to jam up against that bracket... the shorterNGK spark plug kept that from happening. The original Champion were short like the NGK. Champions have become terrible so I wouldnt even consider them at all.

I had the Carter * thermoquad carburetor rebuilt by a guy here who has been building carbs for 40 years. This guy builds carbs etc for all the race car enthusiasts here in San Diego.

My engine purrs.
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.