Front Wheel Lug stud part number needed

Started by mytoolman, August 23, 2022, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytoolman

Hi All. "Casita" my 1973 2200 Superior Motor Coach is on a Dodge truck RM400/M500 chassis It has front disc brakes. I need to replace 3 of the lug studs and want to do all 10 on the front hubs.

Does anyone have a PART NUMBER for BOTH the Driver side LEFT HAND THREAD LUG STUDS and their corresponding 1-1/2" Left thread lug Nut? I ALSO need the part number for the Passenger front hub regular right handed thread lug studs and their corresponding lug nut. To repeat, Im replacing the lug studs AND nuts for both front hubs.

My rig uses a 19.5 diameter wheel. The lug pattern is 5 lugs spaced 8 inches from one another. The lug stud should be 1" diameter. The socket size that fits the lug nut is
1-1/2"

Im hoping to have all my parts ahead of time so I can remove the front hub assemblies, press out the old  lug studs and then without skipping a beat press new ones back into the hubs.
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

mytoolman

So no one came to my rescue from this forum or the Superior Owners Facebook page regarding giving me part numbers for lug studs or lug nuts for my front hubs. Since I couldn't find the info any other way, I disassembled my RV to get a stud out so I could measure it. I will wait for parts to arrive now that I know the part numbers needed.

This post details everything so the next person who needs front wheel lugs and nuts can do a search here on our forum for front wheel lug studs and be able to preorder the parts and not have their RV laid up and apart for what looks like up to 10 days for me.

I had to remove the driver side hub and rotor assembly. I used a 2-3/16" TWELVE POINT socket to remove the screw on wheel bearing dust cover. The spindle nut that holds and adjusts the wheel bearings is 1-1/2 inch just like the wheel nuts are. To remove that spindle nut that adjusts and holds the wheel bearings in place a 1/2" drive standard 1-1/2 inch socket will be needed. The larger drive sockets used for removing the lug nuts are too thick to fit inside the hub to make contact with the nut/ The inner hub wheel bearing grease seal is a  National #3210.

With the hub and rotor removed, I then used a 15/16 impact socket to remove the 5 bolts holding the hub to the rotor to split the hub and rotor. There is no "C" cut into the head of these studs so the hub and rotor must be split to have the stud clear to be pressed out (a bfh worked fine to bang the stud out).

The five hub to rotor securing bolts are tight to remove. Mine were soaked over night by filling the area where the bolt heads are with my favorite penetrant, a 50/50 mix of acetone and transmission fluid. I used a 1' Milwaukee cordless impact gun to remove those bolts that hold the hub and rotor together. I used a 1" to 3/4 and a 3/4 to 1/2 drive adapter to get the size down to 1/2 " to use the 1/2 x 15/16 impact socket which barley cleared the area where the bolt head sits. The gun had to to labor pretty hard to bust these bolts loose since they had never been touched since the factory bolted this together in 1973.

I separated the rotor from the hub and pressed out the single worst stud. Having this one stud at my disposal allowed me to get The measurements that Euclid, Meritor, and Dorman all want to get a part number. They all want:  A.) spline length=.916 B.)Diameter of spline=0.792  C.) Shoulder which is the underside of the head to the start of the treads after the shoulder ends=1.335 D.) The thread area and thread pitch=3/4" long x16mm pitch E.) length is from underside of the head to the end of the stud where the treads end=2.56 F.) The overall length from outer edge of the head to the tip of the stud=2.792

Part numbers for Left hand thread front disc brake hub wheel studs for the driver side:
Dorman=610-0240// Meritor=9001255//Euclid=E-11658L
Part numbers for the passenger side which use regular right hand threaded stuff:
Dorman=610-0241//Euclid=11658L//Meritor=9001255
Front wheel lug nuts for the driver side which are Left handed threads:
Dorman??//Euclid??// Meritor= M125 with the Meritor number the other brands can be found out by cross referencing it to the other two brands.
Front wheel lug nuts for the passenger side is Meritor=M124 I forgot to write down the Dorman and Euclid numbers....
Anything Truck Parts on the web:

https://www.autoanything.com/?kc=YAHOOBING&k_clickid=07cd424d-5a3e-4440-8d48-d6183b647484&adgroupid=44&k_trackingid=466x6187&DZID=PPC_o_73256053_4809849497_%60auto+anything_p_c&utm_source=o&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=73256053&utm_content=4809849497&utm_term=%60auto+anything&msclkid=23235ebcc23f1c5f9e0d3db334c00312&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=AA_Trademark&utm_term=%60auto+anything&utm_content=Trademark

Chris at Anything Truck,(309) 623-4440, fought through continued Covid pandemic related supply chain issues and lined up enough parts to do 10 new studs and nuts for both of my front disc hubs. All those studs and nuts cost $130 plus shipping...I should see everything in about a week..
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Correct Dorman P/N's were Dorman=610-0240.5 and Dorman=610-0241.5

Missed your original post however, many moons ago, https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=9294.msg47829#msg47829
[move][/move]

Oz

Part number requests for the studs is a rare question and jist as rare for an answer. This is where the search feature comes in as a very valuable tool. If someone has asked it, you can find it.

Darn nice job on documenting and sharing your info. It'll come in handy in the future too!
:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

mytoolman

thanks for the complement Oz....It was my purpose to make sure the next person who needed these lug studs and nuts could find them....

I have trouble using the search. Maybe Im to detailed in my key words....I see now from the link you offered that a bunch of helpful information was posted back in 2014....

I believe with my photo's showing measurements and the part numbers I was finally offered the next person should be a whole lot better off.....

Oz

QuoteI believe with my photo's showing measurements and the part numbers I was finally offered the next person should be a whole lot better off.....

Absolutely!  :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca