We are new to the forum and interested in entering Rving in a classic Winnebago

Started by us 2, August 19, 2022, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

us 2

Hi everyone and my husband and myself are introducing ourselves and hope everyone with say HI!
We do not now have a classic Winnebago however, we are very interested in doing some research.
We are approaching retirement and are interested in "hitting the road" (not fulltime at first).
Because we have several classic cars, the idea of traveling in a classic RV.
Since my husband was born and raised in Forest City, Iowa of course the Winnebago brand is our first choice.
OK, I guess this is enough for now however, we will be posted further information.
Please contact us with the pros and cons of classic Rving.
Also, If you happen to recognize my husband form Forest City days, feel free to say H

Oz

Hello and welcome!  There's lots of pros and cons to vintage (or any) RV ownership. Of course, the need for repairs is the biggest con.  Adventure is the number 1 pro.
How negative the con is depends highly on two things:
The condition of the RV when you buy it.
How much work you're willing and able to do yourself.
Finding parts and DIY is where we come in. Finding a shop that will work on your RV can be very frustrating (unless you already know one), and expensive.

Go the extra $ to buy one in very good to excellent condition to start. Enjoy it on short to moderate trips. Learn the personality of it. Take it from there.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

us 2

us 2

Thanks OZ for the help and suggestions.
Having experienced classic cars, we know how all of that can be.
However, this (I think) would be a whole new ballgame.

We already have a park model trailer on a seasonal site so we would not be using the motorhome for full time living.

BTW, we are very active in the nudist lifestyle, so if anyone has any "first-hand" experiences with clothing optional campgrounds, let us know. Up until now all of our vacations have been to south of the border resorts so going naked on USA vacations is new to us.