88 Winnebago electrical problem turn signal / hazard

Started by woodman, August 07, 2022, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodman

I have no t/s or hazard or brake lights. They will blink 3or 4 times then blow the fuse.  The right front does not blink. Is there something in common with the t/s hazard and brake lights? Need help, thanks in advance for any info. Chevy p40 chassis.

yellowrecve

Start by removing the bulb from the right front signal. It may be shorting the circuit.
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.

woodman

I got everything working except the hazard lights come on but don't blink. I have looked under the dash after I took the lower panels off but I couldn't find another flasher.the turn signals work properly so I'm suspecting a ground problem. What do you think.    Thank you for your help.

Mlw

In my 1979 Dodge I have 2 relays. ! for the turn signal, one for the hazards. As far as I know this is not different with GM.

1988, I don't know what chassis you RV is build on so find out, type 1988 Chevy XXX chassis wiring diagram in your search engine and see what the internet comes up with. It's very much possible the wiring diagram for your RV is here on the forum also, but I always have trouble finding them.

On the wiring diagram is everything electrical your chassis uses, the coloring of the wires etc. Follow the wiring from the turn signals and you will find the relay(s) and  you know what you need to look for. Doing this without it is like sticking a wet finger in the air and saying "the wind comes from that way".

DaveVA78Chieftain

The only common area for turn signal, hazard, AND brake circuits is the turn signal switch inside the steering column.  I suspect your issue is in there.
1988 GM P30 chassis wiring diagrams:
Member Area->Manuals, Diagrams & Tech Info->Chevy/GM P-30 Chassis->
X-8940 GMC Truck Wiring Diagrams: P Motorhome Chassis Section E, pages 12 and 13
[move][/move]