Hello! Revcon owner checking in

Started by sploke, August 04, 2022, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sploke

Greetings!  I have a 1985 Revcon King 33 that we've owned for a few months now.  We bought it in February with under 6,000 miles on it, got it cleaned up then drove it across the country for the summer.  We're in CA now, I've been thrashing on it almost daily for the past month to clean up all the things we discovered on the drive out, to get it right and tight for the drive home.  It's been an adventure, to say the least.  Hitting the road back to CT in a week or so.

Oz

Hello and welcome! That sure has low miles. You've got a long haul to make, hope you take it out for some long drives to put it through the paces before then.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

sploke

Quote from: Oz on August 05, 2022, 05:56 AM
Hello and welcome! That sure has low miles. You've got a long haul to make, hope you take it out for some long drives to put it through the paces before then.

We were trying to work that out, but I'm waiting on a few more suspension components to go in before we leave, so its likely not going to work out that way.  We did the same thing on the way out...we put in a bunch of work prior to leaving CT, and wanted to do a few local test runs, but ran out of time.  Hit the road on a wing and a prayer, and addressed issues as they arose on the road.  I'm very mechanically inclined and I have a very patient wife so it all worked out haha.

Mlw

Man, that sure is low miles.

i'm never sure if you need to be happy about it, unless you are sure it always was parked inside and dry,

enjoy the old girl and the trip.

sploke

Here are a few pics from our drive west

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Well welcome aboard. You are traveling a road well traveled by many on this site. It's all part of the adventure. The gang here are alway's ready to help if you need it. The only dumb question here is the one you don't ask. We love pictuer's  ;) 

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Mlw

What a flagship  :)ThmbUp.

But do I see a whole lot of delamination in picture 4?

Eyez Open

Really a unique RV, it should quite a adventure bringing it back to its full glory...LMAO just a little makeup here and there..a few nip&tucks..etc etc etc.

https://ateupwithmotor.com/model-histories/oldsmobile-toronado-gmc-motorhome/3/

sploke

Quote from: Mlw on August 07, 2022, 04:20 PM
What a flagship  :)ThmbUp.

But do I see a whole lot of delamination in picture 4?

The whole thing is riveted stretch-formed aluminum, so there's nothing to delam.  The front and rear caps are fiberglass.  There's definitely some wavy areas in the skin though.

Mlw

Ah OK, It shure looked like it, and then you got your work cut out for you.

This time I could make the picture bigger and it seems I saw the reflection of the clouds in the skin, so oven more so, What a rig  :)ThmbUp