Replacement Door Hinges

Started by LJ-TJ, June 12, 2015, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

1975 has anybody come up with a solution for the crappy door hinges used on the exterior door on the early Winnebago's. Hm?

TerryH

Not sure of the hinges yours uses, but Lee Valley has a large assortment. There is one in London, and online:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/page.aspx?c=1&p=47718
Their online catalogue doesn't always list everything that is in their physical one.
If your hinges include the screen door hinges you may be able to add three new above/below the existing (with the same offset) and retain the existing for the screen door.
If you were to do that, after installing the new it would be a good idea to remove the existing and use a vise to return their bends to original.
It's called "hinge bound" and "hinge sprung", fairly common. Returning the existing back to shape isn't enough - metal fatigue, weakening, etc. Entry door is relatively heavy, screen is quite light.
Hope this helps.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

joev

I bought new hinges for mine from Ranger Rick  fit perfectly I think he still has a few for sale

RANGERRICK

Thanks Joev.I do have one more set of hinges.

Jerry915tex

I was also looking for exterior door hinges for a 1975 Winnebago pull trailer I just purchased. Any suggestions on compatible replacements?