Broken city water inlet need to take out to fix or replace

Started by Adventure, June 17, 2022, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventure

I'm not sure if I'm calling it right, it's not the fresh water tank intake it's the city water pressure inlet, check valve? I looked it up but it doesn't look like the one I have anyhow the other day when I disconnected to go to the dump station, as pulled out I heard a weird sound I couldn't recognize I found out soon what it was, for the first time in my on and off 20+ years of  RVing I forgot to disconnect the hose from the intake and it broke right off valve and all. I'm lucky the campground part didn't get damaged there would have been water all over the place.  I'll try post a picture if I can. Anyhow I tried to JBweld qwik weld but it wouldn't hold. I figured I might have a better chance at repair or replacement if I took the remainder out I managed to take the 2 screws out but the hose that it's connected to won't budge, I don't want force it and risk breaking it, on second thought it looks like what broke is a 45 degree valve connection like this one https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Stainless-Handles-Connection-Certified/dp/B0024E6VKI/ref=sr_1_58?crid=BN07N84EZUQM&keywords=rv+city+water+check+valve&qid=1655498057&sprefix=rv+city+water+check+valve%2Caps%2C724&sr=8-58 so if that's the case the part that's screws in is still in there and I need to extract it somehow and just replace the valve?  Until I can get city water working again, we are having to use the fresh water tank and pump and I don't want to have to replace the pump too if I can avoid it. Thanks

Oz

Looks like the end of the line going into the connector broke off in it (?).
Dont know if you have enough play in what's left of the line but, if so and you can get the connector off without any additional damage, you should be able to repair it.
If not, then you'll need to go to plan B.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Adventure

I think I already started plan B, if I can't work plan A than how do I get that plastic pipe out? Of course I would much rather make plan A work, but  I can't figure out what to use to get a hold of the piece that broke off? I hope I didn't get any JB weld on it that will only make it harder. Thanks
Good news I managed to pull the connection off the tube and with a simple twist of pliers I got the broken part out, bypassed the inlet adapter and all was well, till the fellow behind me tells me I think your water hose burst, sure enough the part that has been sitting in the sun bursted, he loaned me a cam o hose and I'm going to try some rescue tape for repair.

Oz

Well, at least the initial obstacle went easy enough. Let us know it goes!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca