URGENT: Wiring in ignition toggle and push-button start

Started by Entrprnr, May 10, 2022, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entrprnr

Hello, recently I was robbed of all my possessions here in Denver, Colorado which included my only set of keys to my 1977 Dodge Pace Arrow on an M500 Chassis.

I need to move my RV before it gets towed - ASAP!

I have tried wiring in a lever to flick on the ignition and a momentary push-button to start it up but I cannot figure this dang thing out.

The toggle switch has 3 pins: POWER SUPPLY | ACC ON | GROUND
The push-button has 2 pins I understand both are positive

On toggle switch:
I wired battery positive to POWER SUPPLY
I wired 12g from Ballast Resistor pin with 2 pink wires coming out
I wired ground pin to engine bolt.

On Push-button I wired one end to Starter Relay pin (Orange Wire)
Other end to Battery positive

When I push the button it just clicks, no cranking, no spark

Please help, this thing is under threat of getting towed if I cannot start it up.

Also, I believe something is wired wrong because the accessories don't turn on unless I push the emergency button, once I do, though, everything stays on lol.

Does anyone have a diagram of:
The fuel tank selector switch - Looking down on it from top of dashboard, it has 3 pins:
LEFT PIN: 2 wires green (to selector solenoid) and dark blue (to main tank)
MIDDLE PIN: Light blue dangles, don't know where to plugin
RIGHT PIN: dark blue (to aux tank)

The AUX/MAIN Switch - need diagram
Has a black wire coming from one of the pins and a blue wire coming from another pin both dangling, not sure where they plug into.

The Emergency Button - need diagram

Also, someone disconnected 2 wires (B5-18YE/RE and NB-18DG/WH) that terminate into a white harness with 2 pins and are supposed to plugin to something identified on the diagram as "Transmission Fluid Level Sensor" but I cannot identify where this is to plug them back in.  I have been all over the transmission and cannot find a port for this harness.  Any clues?

thank you so much for any help!