Glad to finally find a group that might be of help on this older coach

Started by Chief Dave, May 02, 2022, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Dave

Hi everyone I am new to the group and glad to have found you. I have been an avid camper for more years than I can remember. My last coach was a really OLD class C but I have stepped it up with a newer model Winnebago in "excellent" condition. But since I bought it at auction last year I have had to pull out my hair trying to fix the small things. It came from the Army and was an outlook post in Salt Lake City area. For the most part I don't think I got a bad deal of a Class A, 40', 454 gas, with only 9201 (yes that is right)! I only paid $2540 out the door for it and for what I need it for it is wonderful! all oak interior and it had the full bath. I have added a full kitchen. including the original refer that should have come with it, micro sink and the new magnetic style cook top ( If you have never tried one OMG go try one out YOU WILL give up on gas) . I have the correct skills to make it look original (I used to work part time at an RV factory building them) Also have add the hide away sofa beds and cabinets. The lucky part is that on 1 full side it was left intact with full oak desks and since we do travel a lot AND are hams it gives us the perfect place to set up the equipment and work as an emergency relay station during our wonderful hurricanes here in Florida. Anyway that is about it on us and again thanks for letting us join Chief Dave Vincent and Patti Vincent, Selama Fire and Search and Rescue

Oz

Hello and welcome!  Sounds like what you got for the price, you got one heck of a deal.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca