Need 1980 M400 Engine Oil and Coolant level Sensor

Started by PMUT, March 31, 2022, 03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMUT

Hi All,

I'm in the need of the two level sensors for engine oil and coolant.
The Dodge M400 parts catalog has listed them with part number "4034 156", but I have not found any reference or compatible part.

Any hint, what would fit?

P.S.: Dodge 440-3 Engine.

Many Greetings
Ulrich

Mlw

Well, I was looking for the oil level sensor too. But I have a 360. I have found this one on Rock Auto.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=932295&cc=1075283&pt=5700&jsn=8

But at the end, I found I really didn't need it, because I don't have the extra control panel for it. At first I thought that you needed it also for the oilpressure gauge but you don't. In my case the oil gauge feeds of the "mushroom" like oil pressure sender. In any case, it's luxury and not an essential item.

And the temp sensor should be this one?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=937003&cc=1075115&pt=4748&jsn=1171&_nck=HllVxRCey1%2B2aVRDo41oQXhbegy63eH0qmPILqfYvTTjzUaga1nLNhRINJVY%2B2cgkT%2BR0x4aZRydcdsbc14mQtEqCxkNKUa%2FIKUaOUP8NQJsmeWOgStagp3hlANGM%2F3OOii7mh%2BkLHYS3rQbVaHK9NgKp5xvA3POU14Gv7mNfl3lwHqctB5PvmtltMnV2O4S58biH%2BMFgVjPM9S2sXDhidU0uFOEWZv7qahD3MUs1nrDkUVFnYmMAVbLdVYlz83Zn0UktMFKPl4fqEhpeyxyID%2BkSxW3ZvXGI27kfscqvgWrfegXGKrDA6BmM%2BtdhSuOXbngKR6Fy%2FK5d7xupJM%2Bwi3djKRHURn8

Maybe you can contact the firm itself to be absolutely sure.

DaveVA78Chieftain

You will have to get the 2 level sensors off a 78 or later junkyard Dodge Class A chassis that used them and the unique center console panel.  Not installed on 77 and earlier rigs.
[move][/move]

PMUT

Hi both, thanks for the details.

Yes it's not a really needed part, but I have the sensor panel installed and like it if all is working and in an original state.
The pressure sending unit is not an issue, easy to get and in working order.

Well, a long way to a junk yard, so I will add some search filters in google and see if some time these sensors comes up.

Will also order the rockauto part, maybe it works with the sensor panel.

All the best
Ulrich

Mlw

QuoteI have the sensor panel installed and like it if all is working and in an original state.

You are the right type of German, Punktlich (precise)  :D  But I would be exactly the same... If I had the sensorpanel.

I have all the sensors and connections.... going to nowhere. Maybe the panel was once there, but couldn't find any evidence of it.

If you in any chance find one in your searches  and they are not asking an arm and a leg for it, let me know. I have been looking for it only meeting dead ends.

PMUT

Quote from: Mlw on April 01, 2022, 12:52 PM

If you in any chance find one in your searches  and they are not asking an arm and a leg for it, let me know. I have been looking for it only meeting dead ends.

Will do!

Many Greetings
Ulrich