New owner 78 Dodge Minnie Winnie

Started by Wyochief, March 25, 2022, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyochief

Been a worker for a little while, and finally decided to post and introduce myself. I retired on disability about a year ago, and was able to purchase a 1978 Dodge Minnie Winnie that was in great condition. As far as I can tell everything works in it though I haven't tested the grey water yet. But I'm friends with who I bought reschedule it from, and they said everything works so I'm assuming it does. But like a lot of older Minnie Winnie or older RVs in general, there's no owners manual or anything like that basically just the vehicle :)
But if anybody else owns an older Minnie Winnie or is familiar with him feel free to reach out I've got a lot of questions LOL. But I'm going to be living in it full time by the end of this coming summer. So I got a lot to catch up on and lots of odds and ends that I want to get taken care of.

Oz

Hello and welcome!  Since you'll ne living in it full time, you're going to get to know every inch of it very well!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Mlw

Hello and welcome

I have the 1979 Class C, so fire away. If you have the same Dash as I have, I guess it's going to be the same one

Owners Manual: There is one in the owner manuals section under Winnebago en Itascha. I don't know if you can get to it, If you don't, for just $5,= you can become a year member and get it, together with lots of other things.

However, I strongly advise you to buy the service manual. I promise you, you'll love it" and then you get a year membership for free.

https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=store;sa=view;id=166

DaveVA78Chieftain

To ensure you do not get confused, the Dodge Motorhome chassis manual in the site store is for Class A Motorhomes.  The actual Class B Chassis manual for Class C motorhomes based on the Dodge MB300/MB400 chassis is available in both paper and digital formats on EBAY
[move][/move]

Mlw

Just to be clear, I used the one i got from the siteshop a lot and has specific descriptions for the M300, M400, M500 and M600?

I have to admit it's not MB400 (that's my Chassis), but the manual haven't faiiled me yet???

Oz

Good to know. I never had a class C, so I didn't know so much of the class A manual is usable for the class C!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Mlw

I understand my confusion now, I didn't understand all mentioned models were Class A's. But what is the real differance between A, B and C then. How luxurious they were equiped? (maybe we need to make a seperate topic of it).

Elandan2

Class "A" is built on a stripped chassis, the motorhome body is completely built by the manufacturer.
Class "B" is built from a complete van. Often referred to as "camper van"
Class "C" is built using a cutaway van chassis. The manufacturer uses the van cab and builds everything behind that.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

eXodus

Great explanation :)  Going to steal this definitions if you don't mind.

BTW there are a few odd things,  there had been a few Class A which has been built from Cutaway Class C Chassis (Thor Vegas E450,  Itasca Reyo - Mercedes Sprinter) - where the cab was partly cut apart from the manufacturer.