1972 413-1 distributor info needed

Started by 72Superior, March 02, 2022, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Superior

I've had a random miss fire at idle that I tracked down to a worn distributor. The shaft has enough play to create the points to change gap and Inconsistent Dwell . I need to know if all 413 distributors are the same . I have no luck at my Napa trying to use the motorhome M30/M300 body tag .
Thanks Ed

Eyez Open

Oz

Jegs and Summit both offer a good selection.  I've used both in the past for both stock replacement and upgrade components. Their customer service help was excellent.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

72Superior

Ok great ! So there's nothing special about the industrial 413 , I'd like to upgrade to electronic. Thanks for the reply's .

72Superior

Thanks ! I'm going to order that pro form setup .

mytoolman

Hi there fellow Superior Owner. I am very interested in speaking to you. If you will email me please with a phone number I would appreciate it. I would like to share information etc. Do you have any information on the roof is it made of galvanized steel? I sure would like to find out about the build materials used and the like. I actually have an original owner three ring binder from Superior although it is not for my particular rig...it lists the 318 v8 and my 1973 2200 is a 440. but the balance of the binder is relevant.
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

TerryH

For the benefit of you and others, I would strongly suggest you do NOT post your email address to an open forum.
The 'Personal Message' provision (top of page, just below your avatar) is secure and adequate.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Oz

Yep.  I deleted the email addresses when I see them in posts.  I also delete the e-mail extensions when I see an email used in a username.

Anything that needs an answer needs to be answered here, on the forum boards.  It's the whole point of having a forum.  Personal info security is a top priority these days.   Never just hand it out openly.

Good advice!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

72Superior

Is the 413 a RB motor? I've been on the phone with summit racing twice . They are telling me of a short shaft distributor and a long . But can't give me the length . So pulling my distributor to measure isn't going to help . If it's a RB motor then I'll just take the chance and order a reverse rotation counter clockwise setup .
Thanks Ed

72Superior

Quote from: mytoolman on March 05, 2022, 06:08 AM
Hi there fellow Superior Owner. I am very interested in speaking to you. If you will email me please with a phone number I would appreciate it. I would like to share information etc. Do you have any information on the roof is it made of galvanized steel? I sure would like to find out about the build materials used and the like. I actually have an original owner three ring binder from Superior although it is not for my particular rig...it lists the 318 v8 and my 1973 2200 is a 440. but the balance of the binder is relevant.

I can't say 100% if it's galvanized but all the info I have found says it is . I have all original paperwork including owners manual and original document bag from 1972 . I'm fortunate to have all paperwork and being the 3rd registered owner in all those years . I'm more than happy to share documents that may help you with yours . I could copy or send pics, or if you start a thread I could post publicly so other could have or see the info .
Thanks Ed

Eyez Open

Quote from: 72Superior on March 06, 2022, 01:03 PM
Is the 413 a RB motor? I've been on the phone with summit racing twice . They are telling me of a short shaft distributor and a long . But can't give me the length . So pulling my distributor to measure isn't going to help . If it's a RB motor then I'll just take the chance and order a reverse rotation counter clockwise setup .
Thanks Ed

Chrysler was always a weird duck..umm just a friendly dig.. W%

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/930429/re-413-cam-shaft-gears.html

This is a new old stock Chrysler 440 dual point distributor for 1973 Marine models. It has the longer 4.75" shaft used on reverse rotation motors using an extra bushing on the oil drive gear.
These units are hard to find used or new!

https://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=402206965140&category=46101&pm=1&ds=0&t=1646594946179