Looking for front end parts 73 M300 (R3) Spring Hangers

Started by Bonebag, February 27, 2022, 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonebag

So halfway into my Axle swap from a 73 D18 onto my 72 D18 and I overlooked the fact that pretty much everything except the axle is different from the 72. I had looked at so many disc brake conversion conversations and heard everything was the same so many times I took it for granted. I'm looking for the front leaf spring hangers and a good photograph and a real good measurement from the rear shackle to the front, eye to eye. If I have to make my own front I will, or maybe I'll just fab a bracket and just add the sway bar to the old setup. The springs and hardware look much beefier from the 73 unit. I was going to make plans to mount the brackets from the 73 (shock/swaybar) to the frame when I noticed the front aft spring hanger was about 4" closer to the axle then on the 73. When I got the axle and the brackets from the 73, we cut the frame instead of removing the brackets so I had a good measurement where to put the bracket, that's how I noticed the spring hangers are in different locations. So If anyone has a junker 73-74 frame out back and want to unload the hangers, let me know and thanks. G The photo is the frame section from the 73 with the rear (front spring) hanger and the shock/sway bar bracket. The 72 spring hanger is mounted about 4" forward of where this one is mounted.
72 Brave..resto mod - Disk Conversion - Diesel Heater - Air Bags modified to fit - 318 Holley Sniper

Oz

Yep. I've learned that when asking about major swaps, most of what we hear is from people who know (or think) the swap is the same, based on their knowledge of trucks, but they've never actually done it.  And then you go to it only to find out...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca