Need Diagram for Rear Axle P30 1994

Started by coltronicola, December 17, 2021, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coltronicola

Hello everyone ... I broke the axle bearing of my Itasca Sunrise 1994, I want to do a complete restore of all the rear axle, do you have the P30 1994 rear axle diagram? thank you to everyone..

Mlw

Yep, it's here.

There is a complete service manual for the P30 1979 - 1994 in the member Area. You can become a member for a year for just $ 5.00 and download it, next to many other manuals.

https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=store

coltronicola

Oz

Don't hesitate to ask any additional questions you may have once you get working on it.
:)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

coltronicola

Hi guys, I will have to change the complete axle .. do you know where I can find rear axle housing it to ship to Italy?

eXodus

How did you break it? 

Which rear axle do you got? What is your rear axle weight rating?  Please provide a picture of the differential cover then it's easier to identify.

If it's the 14 Bolt (count 14 screws on the differential cover)  (below 10.000 lbs / 5000kg) those things you get plenty in any junkyard in the US. Potentially even some in Europe.   It's a heavy piece an axle for shipping

You might also try a local machine shop if they can repair it.

Mlw

As you are in Italy i will strongly advise you to see if you can have your axle repaired. When you find a good steelworker this doesn't necessarily mean your axle will be weaker. You can go on a hunt on European junkyards, but it will cost you a tremendous amount of energy and effort.

The biggest problem you will be facing is not finding the part on a junkyard in the USA but getting it to Europe. The only way to get parts from the USA to Europe in a decent timeframe will be airfreight and as freight costs at the moment are not up but UP !-! you probably going to pay a (few) monthly wage(s) due to the weight of the axle, not to mention the importtaxes you have to pay as Italy is also part of the EU. Getting your axle to Europe by containerfreight will cost you less (but still a fortune) and will probably take at least half a year or more as logistics in the USA is completely on it's backside and will probably not recover for some time.

https://abc7.com/port-backlog-of-los-angeles-long-beach-container-ships/11142891/
https://www.freightos.com/freight-resources/coronavirus-updates/

If you can let me know the specs of the axle, I can throw out a line for you here in the Netherlands, or ask around as soon as the Hobby garage is going to reopen, as the whole Netherlands is in Lockdown again thanks to our wonderfull government.  You never know what pops up.

Maybe members in other European countries can do the same? After all, the shorter the line, the bigger the chances.

Eyez Open

coltronicola

Hi Guys, thank you very much for the advice, I think we will be able to fix it after the holidays ... however the axle is a DANA.
Happy new year

coltronicola

hi guys, I made the axis reopen on the lathe ... I want to replace the Firestone rear aribag gkli, do you know what code they have? and where can I buy them? A thousand thanks

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca