Hydraulic brake hoses swap m300

Started by Daenrico41, November 24, 2021, 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daenrico41

Hi,
Im looking everywhere for hours and find nothing for my front m300 Winnebago 1974 with 1piston caliper,
I've see than the b100 1974 hoses are like the same and its the same caliper,
Do any of you have find some replacement hoses for it ?
Alretta have only one in stock and ask 200 us for it.

Elandan2

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Daenrico41

Nothing on napa , nothing dealer ,nothing on ebay or amazon , just have order some d300 1974 caliper and hoses to see fit it fit , i keep you updated .. the caliper are the same number than my 1974 m300 so the hoses should fit ..

Eyez Open

I do believe you may very well be able to cross over your parts search and find the p300 shares much of the same components Below is a link to a P300 check and verify.

https://www.carid.com/1974-dodge-p300-brake-parts/

And Doorman.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?year=1974&make=Dodge&model=M300&origin=YMM&parttype=Brake%2520Hose

DaveVA78Chieftain

The only hoses I have seen for a 1974 M300 application only have those blocks on one end not both.

The ones I see for front are like this one pictured below (Ebay Link to Centric P/N 150.67303
).  EVen the parts manual reflects that the metal brake line screws into a non-block fitting at the frame.

Please note that the Dodge P300 chassis used drum not disk brakes.
[move][/move]

Daenrico41

Tanks Dave ,
my picture show the 2 end hoses , who enter in the calipers with the banjo 3/8 bolts .. the other side are normal hose end with double flares.
I have order the calipers of a b100 and the hoses .. so the hoses gonna fit in the calipers for sure .
The numbers on the calipers are almost the same .
i need to adapt Becose anyway the hoses are discontinued everywhere ..
working on this project is a big puzzle.
Time gonna tell if it fit.  i??

JiveTurkey

...because i just had to go down the rabbit hole...  for my 1973 RM300 with the single piston front caliper. The unicorn brake hose with the banjo fitting and end bent 90 degrees seems to line up with a 1980 Dodge 1-Ton Van (B300).