Hi from Canada

Started by Daenrico41, October 19, 2021, 09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daenrico41

Hi all
I'm Eric from Quebec, Canada.
New to the RV world
I'm waiting ATM for the titles to tow home my new (very old)Winnebago brave 1975
its gonna be a big project,
I'm starting to read all what i can find .. there are some very nice in formations,
i know finding parts gonna be a headache even more because I'm in Canada.
Just to start, on the NAPA website they don't even have ford m300 1975 on the vehicle list..
the Brave have a thermoquad carb (I'm gonna send for a rebuild) and a 440 motor (not supposed to be on this model/year i think ,but maybe it was an option or a pas owner have  swamp it ) who know with all those years
I'm buying it from a couple who have buy it for parts like the ladder,awning and some switch on the console.
no one know when the vr have been use the last time ,the seller have never hear the motor running too.
The motor gonna need a BIG cleanup before an attempt to start it .
so, lets chat together on the forums and fell free to guide me with your tips and knowledge to put it back on the street and use it with my small family .

Oz

Hello and welcome!
Napa does have a lot of the engine parts.  Use the heavy duty truck model from the same year.

Yes, the 440-3 had the thermoquad as the factory standard carb.  If you need a new one, I suggest an Edelbrock or Holley.  There's info on these here.  Carb recommendations.  Use the message search.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

AOBrodie

skloon

ROCKAUTO is a good source of parts and if you plan it well the shipping isn't too bad to Canada-