Rebuilt my windows before and after

Started by AOBrodie, October 18, 2021, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AOBrodie

AOBrodie

AOBrodie

Mlw

Nice  :)ThmbUp

I need to do all of them as well. Where did you get the materials and were they expensive?

c farmer

Nice, my windows are good but I need to replace the screens.

AOBrodie

Glass channel from CRLaurence; see pic. Glass retaining spline from CRL if gray, Winnebago parts if you want black; I used black. See pic.
"Window Pile" (fuzzies) from CRL; see pic. For the filler in the outer drain channels, I used a 3/8" round I got off of Amazon (Trim-Lok Cord Stock Rubber Seal – EPDM Closed Cell Solid Foam Tubing – Ideal Door and Window Weather Seal for Cars, Trucks, RVs, Boats, and The Home – 0.38" Diameter, 25' Length) although it might be a little too tallif you push it in too far it might block the little drain scuppers.

Cost was I think 2 or 3 hundred for enough to do all my windows. I bought some of it more than a year ago, so I don't know what it is today.

AOBrodie

AOBrodie

AOBrodie

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Daenrico41

Very nice job on that window,
how do you have clean the frame? brass brush on a grinder ?
can anyone tell me if the parts are the same on my brave 21 1975,
i think the windows are 1/8 not 1/4
i need to restore the windows too,

Oz

When the windows were changed from the square ones to the rounded ones, they were standard across all models through the rest of the eyebrow, dodge winnie years (late '72 through '78).

We have the coach service manual available in the club store. Very rare. It would cover your rig. Covers windows, body, plumbing and tons more. An invaluable resource.

AOBrodie

If the outside frame is not badly pitted, WD40 and red Scotchbrite works well. I tried other solvents, but WD works the best. Not sure why. Plus a fair amount of elbow grease. If they are pitted, I used a belt sander with about a 120 grit belt and sanded out the pitting, then level with a block, then the Scotchbrite. For the tracks/channels, I used a screwdriver ground to fit to dig out the remains and old adhesive, then a small wire wheel that fits the channels in a drill motor. That's a good question about the window channel width. The stuff I used worked well; it holds the glass just fine.

Mlw

Nice and detailed anwer. That's the way I like it.  :) :) :)

Thanks. :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp

Daenrico41

Yeah big tanks to have detailed this so well .  :)ThmbUp

Oz

AOBrodie