16" tire recomendations

Started by JonnyG, October 07, 2021, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyG

It seems as though i have 235/85/R16's on the front of my rig but 7.50R16 load range F duallys on the rear. Don't know much about the latter but after reading some posts on here it seems like nobody uses bias ply anymore.

I don't need the tires yet but planning for spring, I like to take my time reading reviews and choose just the right one. Are these still a favourable wheel size or are people upgrading?

I would like to throw on some BF KO2 A/T or something like that on the back as the extra traction can be nice if its mucky out and im not on nice roads or off road. I have them on my truck and they are solid tires but wear faster than i would like. Does anyone run AT tires on their MH or are the commercial hauling tires preffered? ive had some bad experience with the latter in freezing rain, no more cheap tires.

eXodus

I'm running LT215/85R16E instead of the 7.50R16 the P30 RV came with those tires from the previous owner.

But I was looking into 235/85R16 too.  Read that the clearance between the rear dually is sometimes tight... no idea how true that is.

Can you post a pic of the 235?

Oz

There are still a few people who run on bias, but they are indeed few. Those who've switched are very happy with the ride improvement.

Sidewall clearance is a concern of course, but not a problem which can't be overcome.  There are threads here which address tire recommendations.

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

c farmer

Yeah  I still have bias ply on the rear of mine, they thump bad after been sitting for a week or so.  I need to change them out. But they are in great shape.  Good tread and no side wall cracks

cadillac_al

I just did some tire shopping.  I looked at a lot of all terrain tires and almost bought some.  I have BFG all terrains on my trucks and Jeeps and love them.They are even smooth and quiet on the highway but in the end I didn't want to get that aggressive.  I bought some nice Coopers that look like big rig over the road tires.  I went in looking at the new Cooper all terrains.  They aren't overly aggressive but I do like my  over the road tires.  I forget the name of them now.  I'll add it here tomorrow.