brake part numbers needed

Started by mytoolman, August 08, 2023, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytoolman

in a month I will fly 1000 miles to a 1973 Superior Motor Coach WITH THE M300 with FOUR WHEEL DRUM BRAKES ON it. It last drove two years ago. I want to drive it the 1000 miles back home The tires are 4 years old.

Even though I was assured the "brakes are working fine" I prefer to presume that they are not ok.

Is there a list that will show the part numbers and brands for all four wheel cylinders, front brake flex hoses, front wheel bearing grease seals, rear axle flange gaskets, and a master cylinder??????????bo???????

I am without any info on this rig yet and hope to send parts ahead of my arrival and spend a day or two to fix the brakes and GO. I saw DAVE's place list of brake parts and he has ZERO listed parts for the "LATE version of the M300 for 1973 And only lists parts until 1972 for any parts listed as EARLY....

I know it is Four wheel drum but dont know what size those drums are If I need to buy both LATE AND EARLY versions of the brake parts to have them thier I will do that but I need the part numbers.

DAVE CAN YOU HELP??
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

RockwoodMike

https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=16742.0

In this blog by BigAlsVehicleEmporium, he goes through his 4 wheel drum brake system..

Maybe this will help..Post 7 has a pretty good list of parts he was able to find..

Here is his list from the # 7 post...

Part                                  Vendor           Part Number
Master Cylinder   O'Reilly   NMC21936
Front Brake Hose   O'Reilly   BH4900
Fr Dr Wheel Cylinder   NAPA   UP24954
Fr Ps Wheel Cylinder   Dorman   W24955
Rr Dr Wheel Cylinder   NAPA   UP37083
Rr Ps Wheel Cylinder   NAPA   UP37084
Rear Brake Shoes   NAPA   UP UP358R
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

BigAlsVehicleEmporium

RockwoodMike, thanks for linking that page! It reminded me that I really should update that table with the master cylinder that I ended up using, the Wearever MCA71259. I removed the O'Reilly's one because it was missing the 10 psi residual valves.

mytoolman, I also added a link to Dave's part number page. It shows those numbers as being the same for 1972 - 1973. I took a look at my copy of the Dodge parts book just to double check, and I agree. Part numbers of the cylinders, hoses, and wear components are the same for 72-73 M300 with four wheel drum brakes. Also, I recommend getting your hoses made by a hose shop, a couple of inches longer than the originals. They can make them up in minutes and the O'Reilly parts that I bought are shorter than I'd like.

Here's the link to Dave's page: http://dave78chieftain.com/MasterCylinder.htm
As far as I know, there is no early/late designation for '73 as there was no mid-year change.
1972 Winnebago Brave D20 - 413 V8, A727, Dana 70
"That leaves only me to blame, 'cause mama tried!"

BigAlsVehicleEmporium

I used the Fel-pro 12579 gaskets for the rear axle flanges. Bearings and seals are listed here: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=16742.0
1972 Winnebago Brave D20 - 413 V8, A727, Dana 70
"That leaves only me to blame, 'cause mama tried!"

DaveVA78Chieftain

72-73 M300 Brake System

1969 - 73 M300/M375 Parts Reference Data - Scroll down to M-300 1972 - 73 (Front Drum) section.  I put this together 10 years ago so some parts may no longer be correct or available.
[move][/move]