78 Dodge Lazy Daze Roof and Floor repair. Please advise.

Started by 50YrOlNoob, September 28, 2021, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50YrOlNoob

Blessings all,
I need to repair the whole roof and most of the floor. I'll need insulation at both roof and floor also. I'm mainly looking for examples, do's and don'ts advise. Any links to someone's similar projects will be appreciated. I understand it will be lots of work but I'm already halfway in. The engine is awesome thanks to you guys' advise and encouragement.

The roof is sunk at several areas at the openings for the A/C and the vents. I would mainly like to eliminate the puddles when wet.

The floor is sunk at several areas but that should be easier to repair.

Any help and support will be appreciated!

skloon

I would check the walls too, because if you had enough water in it all could be rotten the floors may be particle board which means complete replacement- I had a rig similar and the rot was everywhere it was not salvageable

50YrOlNoob

Oops! I should've started there before working on the engine-huh Hm? There's a few sections on the walls that at are rotten as well. Dang-it! What would make it not salvageable?

Oz

Salvageable" is only determined by how much work you're willing to do.  There have been some people who've torn the entire coach down 100% and rebuilt it completely.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca