finally joined the group

Started by Alwayswinnie, September 19, 2021, 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alwayswinnie

H folks, so I finally joined the group, after flirting with the idea of toyotas (out of control prices) and Lazy Dazes (scarce as hens teeth) I finally saw an ad for a minnie winnie class C, and another ad for a Warrior 22 class A, both 22 footers, which is what I want.  I can't promise not to stray and look at ads for toyotas or  LDs, but I really want to look into the small winnies, so here I am.  If anyone has tips, things to think about for class C and A versions, or anything else related to the minnies, please fill me in.  Thanks!

Oz

Hello and welcome!
Toyotas are really cool.  Do realize that they are under powered for the weight they have to pull. And, ones in good shape are harder to find and at the high end of the price spectrum.

There are always Chevy and Dodge Minni-Winnies out there which can be bought for a good price.  Better power, roomy. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

John

I've owned two Toyota Motorhomes, both with the wonderful four cylinder engine. Yes they are underpowered but they do get there, eventually. The best, honest gas mileage one can expect with the four cylinder (and pretty much the six cylinder, too) is about 16 mpg, max. Some of the models are better built and, if maintained, leak free, but most of them are built from cheap, undersized, lightweight junk, poorly fastened together with staples. The biggest problem with the Dolphins, etc., are roof leaks. They will destroy an rv and the leaks aren't always easy to see. I owned one of the Dolphin 21 footers for over 23 years and the thing required constant maintenance to keep it on the road.

Don't forget that the newest model was built in 1994 (I think) which makes it a 27 year old vehicle. I think there are better options in the mini size, with newer amenities, better building practices and more powerful road worthy engines and transmissions. But that's just me...

Arti

Had a Toyota year's ago  Dependable is how I would describe it
The good is that anyone can repair the chassis and tire replacement is affordable

Most of them leaked around the front cap. Not a good place for a Generator if you need one.
A little bit tiny bathroom for us.  Overall we did like the Toyota

We are in a 25 ft Warrior and for us it's a good one for us. We would love to have a smaller motor home however the price is not in the budget   We like the class A driving experience Don't like 9 mpg

Just our thoughts