Old hwh leveling system questions.

Started by Bonebag, July 19, 2021, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonebag

I have this old leveling system installed in my D18brave. I was wondering if it has any value to anybody because I am removing it as it will be replaced by airbags on all four corners to do minor leveling and help with the ride quality. If they don't have value I'll toss them. The controls are actually really cool and I was also wondering if I could possibly convert the hydraulic controls to electronic controls or air controls to Control the it bags. The current system works but it probably would need to have the leveling feet rebuilt as a couple of them show signs of leaking and they have been tied up to keep them from falling down on bumps. Thanks!!
72 Brave..resto mod - Disk Conversion - Diesel Heater - Air Bags modified to fit - 318 Holley Sniper

LJ-TJ

I wouldn't be to quick to get rid of them. If I could get across the border I'd take them. I'm sure some one out there would love to have them. Shoot don't let Dilber see them. He'll be on them like bees on honey.

Bonebag

I've got all the Jack's removed. Lines still look great. Motor needs a selenoid. Heavy buggers! They used stainless bolts. I have the receipt and manuals from 81 and it was almost 2 grand for this setup back then!
72 Brave..resto mod - Disk Conversion - Diesel Heater - Air Bags modified to fit - 318 Holley Sniper

LJ-TJ

Your killing me, your killing me. It's like being a kid in a chocolate factory and then saying you can't have any. I live just across from Port Huron and can't get across the border. Shoot can't even make Oshkosh this year. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Bonebag

Still got the whole thing! If you really want it I can definitely hold it for you until you can make it across and I could meet you somewhere.

LJ-TJ

:)clap Well! Like you guys we're locked down tight. Not sure when there going to lighten up and let us across the border. However I'm hoping to make Oshkosh this year. If there still around by then I'll gladly and apprecatidly take you up on your offer. :)ThmbUp