1972 D22 Indian in need of TLC

Started by Paddibus, August 21, 2021, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddibus

Hello all.  I bought a 1972 D22 Indian in the UK in 2006 and drove it to Ireland (though didn't re-register it).  I found out later that there was a problem with the rear part of the roof and had to cover it with a canvas (which has since been destroyed by the West of Ireland weather).  Since then it has lain idle most of the time and has rusted, though I have moved it a few times, so it runs (or at least ran).  I have been unable to tackle the project and now it is even more daunting than ever.  I failed to find someone to take on the project here or in the UK.  Before disposing of such a classic, I thought I would see if anyone Stateside is interested in it - it would be a great shame to break-up such a wonderful old classic.  Hoping to hear back from some of you.
Greetings from Ireland

Oz

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Is it more than you're willing to fix?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Paddibus

Time is moving on, I'm getting older & it's getting worse and it's now beyond me.  It needs an enthusiast to take it on a spend time & money on it.  I just want to be sure no-one wants it before it goes to the scrap-heap, as that would be a shame.

LJ-TJ

Don't be to quick to give up finding a home for it over seas. Folks from over Europe  have come to this site looking for a rig over there. Maybe do a search on here and contact a couple of the lads over there.