Radiator to transmission cooling lines

Started by 50YrOlNoob, July 22, 2021, 02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50YrOlNoob

I appreciate all the info! I have been getting all the parts just by following your advice. Thanks!

I made a rookie mistake. When I removed both radiators to get them serviced I did not mark the hoses when I took them out. Dang-it! I don't know which is the transmission return line for either vehicle. I did purchase the service manuals. They explain everything in great detail according to the different transmissions but all I need to know is which is which on my radiators to connect them properly.

There's a picture on the "78-82 Dodge Chassis Service Manual" transmission section 21-26 Figure 8 that tells me "TO COOLER" and "FROM COOLER" but once again I don't know which one is which on the radiators. Any help will be greatly appreciated once more.
Thanks!

yellowrecve

It doesn't matter. I go to the transmission oil cooler, then to the radiator and then to the transmission in (from cooler). This way, in the winter your trans fluid will not be over cooled.
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.

50YrOlNoob

Thank you yellowrecve! I appreciate the info and the pro tip :)ThmbUp . It was just confusing to me having 4 hoses and only two connections to the radiator. It makes sense now. Thanks again!