Good part source for 1975 Winnebago Indian

Started by Vbayford, July 13, 2021, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vbayford

Hi everyone. Nice to meet you all. I live in Alberta and am looking for a tie rod tube for my 1975 Winnebago Indian. It has a RM350 Chassis. Where do you all shop for parts?

Oz

We get parts from a lot of different places.  It all depends on what you need.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

As a rule of thumb, We'll usually try and find a junk one in someones back yard or a wrecking yard and try to buy the parts off it. Or buy it and if we can put it in our back yard. Rock Auto seem's to be a good place to look as well.

Oz

NAPA has parts as well.  As well as many other places.  Except brake parts.  Master cylinders seem to be right, but they're not. You need a specific one. Same with boosters.  Same with the thernostat.

These are covered in other threads.

LJ-TJ

For give me NAPA. Oz is right and I forgot all about it. Every time we ran into trouble with our 75 Brave, if we could limp it to a NAPA store those lads were great. First rate service. Had the parts or could get them by the next day. Thanks for jogging my memory Oz.

YYC403

I'll piggy back off this thread as it's for the same reason...

I need the emergency brake knob, ours never came with one when we bought it earlier this year and I can't source one locally as no junk yards have any 70s Winnie's or able to find one via the used market kijiji / Craigslist.

Anyone happen to have a parts unit or know where to find such a random piece?

Oz

wbhall38

Hello to everyone I own a 1975 Winnebago Indian and I'm currently looking for the secondary fuel tank that's located near the rear of the RV if any of you know where I can locate one please advise.

Best Regards,

Walter Hall

RANGERRICK

Hello. I have some of the hard to find Winnebago and Dodge chassis parts.