Author Topic: Winnebago Warrior 1989 wcf22ec Generator Questions  (Read 196 times)

Offline McNinja

• Test Driver
  • I own a: Winnebago
  • Year: 1989
  • Model: Warrior 22EC (wcf22ec)
  • Chassis: GMC
  • Engine: 454
Winnebago Warrior 1989 wcf22ec Generator Questions
« on: July 13, 2021, 02:31 PM »
Howdy all,

Had this RV for a little over a year now and have slowly been working on it. I am wondering about the built in generator that might have been present / was optional. Currently there is no generator in my RV but it does appear to have the wires / fuel line for it in the compartment. I called Winnebago and they were not a lot of help other than confirming it might have been a Onan 4000 watt unit.

My goal here is to try and find something that will work / I can wire into the existing wires in the compartment. I have not been able to find any real information around what the different wires do.

I was wondering if yall might have any information around this or could help me figure out what the wires should do in this compartment.

The hose with the bolt is the fuel line
The other large cable, I think is for the generator started?
Not sure about the 4 wires in the connector

Pic's of wires: https://imgur.com/a/80RLwn1

Any info yall have around this would be super helpful!

Thanks

Offline Oz

• Top Post Contributor
  • Year: 1974
  • Model: D24 Indian
  • Chassis: Dodge
  • Engine: 440-3

Offline McNinja

• Test Driver
Re: Winnebago Warrior 1989 wcf22ec Generator Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 06:27 PM »
Oh nice!

Some good info in there, thanks for sharing that.

That gets me a little closer but one thing I cant seem to find anywhere is a good schematic / diagram of the generator wiring on this RV. I poked around on the Winnebago site for a 1990 version of this model. Some mentions of the generator / hook up but nothing that seems to go in depth on the connector / wiring for it. But I also might just be blind and missing it :D

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Files/Winnebago/Resources/Diagram/Wiring.htm

I kinda want to try and wire my current generator in as a proof of concept. If that works out I want to try and find a good deal on a used Onan 4000 to hook up.

Also anyone have an idea on where the generator controls normally are inside of the cabin? None of the switches inside have anything generator related on them. But plenty of random cables inside of the dash not hooked up to anything. On top of that it looks like they used 2 colors of wire for everything in this guy :/ 

Online LJ-TJ

• 16 year member
  • Top Post Contributor
  • I own a: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1975
  • Model: D21
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 06:51 AM »
Pictures would be a big help. Hm?

Online Elandan2

• 20 Year Member
  • Top Post Contributor
  • Year: 1977
  • Model: Elandan II D27DRK
  • Chassis: Dodge M500
  • Engine: 440
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 08:17 AM »
If you contact Winnebago, they will e mail you an electrical schematic. If you notice those numbers on the wires, they indicate the circuit. Look for the corresponding numbers on the wires under the dash. Another common spot for the generator switch inside is on the "systems" panel, commonly found on the wall or on the exhaust fan above the stove. The 1989 Warrior had the generator prep kit standard but the 4K generator was optional.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Offline McNinja

• Test Driver
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 10:27 AM »
Pictures would be a big help. Hm?

Pics are in the imgur link due to size limits on post in the forms, here it is again: https://imgur.com/a/80RLwn1
If you mean some closer pics of the wires in the harness, I can do that and add them to the album above. Let me know!

If you contact Winnebago, they will e mail you an electrical schematic. If you notice those numbers on the wires, they indicate the circuit. Look for the corresponding numbers on the wires under the dash. Another common spot for the generator switch inside is on the "systems" panel, commonly found on the wall or on the exhaust fan above the stove. The 1989 Warrior had the generator prep kit standard but the 4K generator was optional.

Oh sweet! Ill give them a call again and see if I can get that electrical schematic!
Ahhh checks out, figured it would be on that console. Nothing on it currently is labeled so maybe this RV never came with one.

Thanks for the replys!

Offline Oz

• Top Post Contributor
  • Year: 1974
  • Model: D24 Indian
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 01:13 PM »
Simple solution to posting pictures as attacuhments.  Resize your images.  The clarity is perfectly fine at 1kb.

Online LJ-TJ

• 16 year member
  • Top Post Contributor
  • I own a: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1975
  • Model: D21
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 05:59 AM »
Trick! Unless your one of those wiz banger's ??? who knows how to read a electrical diagram. When you get your wiring diagram from Winnebago. Take it to Staples or Office max and have it blown up to poster size. You will be amazed at how easy it is to follow. You can get real fancy and color the line the same color as the wire your following. Try it you might like it. :)ThmbUp

Offline McNinja

• Test Driver
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 04:49 PM »
Heya all,

I looked a little more into the cables and was able to find some more info and nab some pics to attach.

All the cables that have numbering still on them seem to show the same number before the letter code: 90543 01

Below is a a table for the cable number (per the attached pic) and the two digit letter code on each cable.

1: LN
2: LM
3: LL
4: LP

Offline McNinja

• Test Driver
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 04:12 PM »
Nabbed some other pics of the larger wire that looks to run back towards the main batteries. When I checked the wire with a volt meter I got nothing. I am wondering if this is intended for the starter on the generator Going to try and track it back later to see where exactly it goes.

Online Elandan2

• 20 Year Member
  • Top Post Contributor
  • Year: 1977
  • Model: Elandan II D27DRK
  • Chassis: Dodge M500
  • Engine: 440
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Yes, that 1 ga. wire is the starter wire for the generator. The other end will probably be somewhere around the battery box.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck